Today, I tried my hand at making toilet fizzes! I mainly used it to help clear out our shower drain because I really didn’t want to spend money on Drano (Draino?) or whatever it is called.
So I turned to my essential oilers and browsed a variety of recipes. I happened upon one that just had three ingredients: Citric Acid, Baking Soda, and essential oil! For those of you that are lazy, I plan on selling these premade on an Etsy shop (I just need to set it up first)!
If you are crafty and want to try it though, you’ll need:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 2/3 cups of citric acid
- 60 drops total of EO (I chose lemon)
And here’s how you make it:
- Mix both the baking soda and citric acid in the bowl
- Drop your choice of EO in and mix
- Spritz the mixture with 1-2 sprays of water so that it will hold when you want to shape them
- Take a tablespoon and measure out scoops to put onto parchment paper OR use a spoon and place into a silicone mold
- Let them dry overnight
- Seal in an air tight container
We used the extra fizz in our bathtub and it cleaned it right up! As I mentioned before, I will be opening an Etsy shop where I will sell premade oily items (rollers, toilet fizzies, sprays, etc)!